Senesco Technologies, Inc. (“Senesco” or the “Company”) (NYSE MKT: SNT) announced today the results from the completed non-clinical study of SNS01-T in combination of lenalidomide in a model of multiple myeloma. Combining SNS01-T treatment with lenalidomide (the active ingredient in REVLIMID ® marketed by Celgene Corporation) inhibits tumor growth more effectively than either drug alone. All mice treated with the combination survived over 100 days to the end of the study. Tumors were eradicated after a single 6-week cycle of the combination in two thirds of the animals, and there was no regrowth after an additional 8 weeks without further treatment.
“Originally we observed that the optimal combination eliminated tumors in over 80% of the animals treated with SNS01-T and lenalidomide, but we wanted to see if the tumors would regrow after treatment was ended,” said Leslie J. Browne, Ph.D., President and CEO of Senesco. Dr. Browne added, “We were pleased to see that there was no regrowth after 8 weeks without treatment in all but one of the mice that had undergone complete remission. The tumor that escaped remission responded to further treatment. SNS01-T with lenalidomide looks like a good combination for evaluation in clinical trials.”
Summary of Multiple Myeloma Model Results
Mice implanted with human myeloma tumors derived from RPMI 8226 cells were randomized into 4 groups and treated with control nanoparticles, or, either SNS01-T (0.375 mg/kg; i.v., 2x per week), lenalidomide (50 mg/kg; i.p., 5x per week), or both. The mice received 2 cycles of treatment, 6 weeks and 5 weeks respectively, with an 11 day rest period between cycles. Mice, whose tumors were undetectable at the end of cycle 1, received no drug treatment in cycle 2 unless tumor reappeared. The mice were monitored for 2 weeks after the end of the second cycle of treatment. The total length of the study was 102 days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV