Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OPXA), a company developing Tcelna™, a novel T-cell therapy for multiple sclerosis (MS), today reported financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 and provided an overview of recent corporate developments.
Recent highlights include:
- Closed a financing of $4.1 million in gross proceeds through a private offering consisting of convertible secured notes and warrants to purchase shares of common stock;
- Rebranded our lead MS drug therapy with the new name Tcelna TM, reflecting the optimization of the overall manufacturing process and clinical trial design of our MS program;
- Submitted the Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (“CMC”) update to the FDA for final review;
- Advanced preparations and final contract negotiations with key clinical trial sites across North America to support the Phase IIb clinical trial; and
- Appointed current Board Member David E. Jorden as Acting Chief Financial Officer effective August 15, 2012.
“The first half of the year was focused on advancing preparations for our Phase IIb clinical trial in patients with Secondary Progressive MS, including securing additional capital to enable the initiation of the trial,” commented Neil K. Warma, President and Chief Executive Officer of Opexa. “We advanced well in these two key priorities having submitted the complete manufacturing CMC package to the FDA and having closed a financing which raised just over $4 million. The most important task we face in the near term is to initiate the clinical trial and begin to treat patients who so desperately need new safe and effective treatments. SPMS patients currently have very limited treatment options so we are excited to be preparing to initiate the trial with what we believe to be one of the safest and potentially most efficacious therapies for this disease.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV