Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that Rapala, a leading global fishing equipment company, has launched its first ecommerce site, rapala.com, on the Demandware Commerce platform . The site currently represents 10 Rapala brands, all sharing a single shopping cart.
Rapala cites its creation back to 1936, when the Finnish fisherman Lauri Rapala crafted his first fishing lure out of cork, tinfoil, and melted photographic negatives. Today Rapala is the world’s leading fishing lure brand, selling its full line of lures, knives, tools and accessories to fishermen in more than 140 countries worldwide.
With a large multi-brand portfolio, Rapala’s B2C strategy of providing the one and only place where anglers can find every item made by Rapala was easily achieved with Demandware’s storefront. Until now, only a limited selection of the most common Rapala items could be found via online retailers. By providing Rapala with the capabilities to create a central site for all of its brands, Demandware is enabling the company to deliver a mall-like shopping experience that maximizes order size. Rather than visiting separate brand sites to purchase different items, fishing enthusiasts can now easily browse and shop for all their fishing equipment across brands from one easy-to-navigate site; add items to their online “Tackle Box;” and then conveniently check out from one central shopping cart.
“We needed a commerce partner that could provide us with the tools and flexibility to support and grow our new online channel; we’ve certainly found that ideal partner in Demandware,” said Naomi Dwyer, vice president of IT at Rapala. “We are excited to launch our first online store in the U.S. which provides a virtual destination where fishing enthusiasts can easily and efficiently shop across all of our brands.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV