Melissa Smith, President, The Americas, Wright Express (Photo: Business Wire)
Wright Express Corporation (NYSE: WXS), a leading global provider of value-based business payment processing and information management solutions, today announced that its president of The Americas, Melissa Smith, was selected by Mainebiz as one of the 2012 top five "Women to Watch." The award honors female Maine-based executives for their record of continued success, strong leadership and dedication to business.
"It is an honor to be recognized by Mainebiz and the local Portland business community," said Smith. "I am extremely proud of what we have accomplished during the 15 years I have been with Wright Express. I have had the opportunity and the privilege to work with some of the most talented, hard working and loyal colleagues anyone could ask for. I look forward to continuing to help shape and strengthen our Company and our culture."
The fourth annual "Women to Watch" recognition is awarded by Mainebiz, a leading Maine-based business publication, to honor five women selected from over 100 nominations made by their peers. The winners are chosen after a series of interviews with third party associations, board members and professional peers.
Margaret LePage, partner with the Portland office of Pierce Atwood LLP, nominated Smith for the award."Melissa's commitment and contribution to Wright Express and the surrounding community made her an obvious nomination choice for her achievements as a leading woman in the industry," said LePage. "Our long-standing relationship with Melissa and the company gives us strong confidence about the continued growth of the business, and we’re pleased to see this well-deserved recognition for Melissa." A special reception will be held to honor the five 2012 "Women to Watch" on September 20 at the Woodlands Club in Falmouth, Maine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV