Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (WPI)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 233.94% to $199.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -57.83%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.72 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.07 versus $1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.80 versus $2.07).
- 45.90% is the gross profit margin for WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of WPI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WPI's net profit margin of -4.60% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts