NEW YORK -- Home Depot (HD) reports earnings before Tuesday's opening bell and analysts expect the home-improvement retailer to post profit for the July-ended quarter of 97 cents a share on revenue of $20.74 billion.
A year earlier, Home Depot earned 86 cents a share on revenue of $20.23 billion.
Shares of the Dow component are up more than 25% so far in 2012.
Groupon (GRPN), the daily deals site, beat analysts' quarterly estimates on the bottom line but revenue came in light. Groupon posted second-quarter non-GAAP earnings Monday of $53.8 million, or 8 cents a share, on revenue of $568.3 million. Analysts were calling for a profit of 3 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $573.1 million. Groupon sees revenue ranging from $580 million to $620 million in the third quarter. Analysts forecast revenue of $604.5 million. Gross billings declined on a sequential basis, falling to $1.29 billion in the second quarter from $1.35 billion in the first quarter. Groupon Plunges on Revenue Miss
Retailer TJX (TJX) is expected by analysts Tuesday to report second-quarter earnings of 55 cents a share on sales of $6 billion.
Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS), the sporting goods retailer, is expected to post second-quarter profit of 64 cents a share on sales of $1.44 billion.
Google (GOOG) is acquiring the Frommer's travel-guide business from John Wiley & Sons (JWB). Google paid around $25 million for Frommer's, according to a person briefed on the deal, which hasn't yet closed, The Wall Street Journal reported. Tech's Top 3 Back-to-School Stocks
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV