AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Whole Foods Market ® (NASDAQ: WFM) launches public voting for a first-ever competition showcasing the musical talents of its Team Members. The company's internal contest, called Raw and Unprocessed, kicked off in April and is now going public for music fans to choose a winner from 10 finalists who made the cut from 729 entries.
Anyone can listen and vote daily for their favorite song at rawandunprocessed.com now through August 31, for a chance to win a trip for two* to Napa Valley to attend the exclusive " Live in the Vineyard" music festival in November. "Live in the Vineyard" is a private festival that gives attendees access to A-list recording artists, top tier wine makers and world-renowned chefs. There is a limit of one vote per person each day.
At the concert, the winning Whole Foods Market musician(s) will be the opening act for an artist from the VH1 You Oughta Know franchise, which highlights up-and-coming musicians across its national platform. This special opportunity offers exposure to an audience of exclusive music influencers and executives.
The Whole Foods Market Team Member finalists are:
- Anita Coats from the Thousand Oaks store in California,
- Joy Gallagher from the Global Headquarters in Texas,
- Sarah Johnson from the Gold Coast store and Jonah Kort from the Lincoln Park store in Illinois,
- Allen Lopez from the Coral Gables store in Florida,
- Ali Luna from the Santa Cruz store in California,
- Jay Parshall from the Bridgeport store in Oregon,
- Zachary Porlier from the Naperville store in Illinois,
- Matthew Rigdon and Kris Nelson from the Global Headquarters in Texas,
- Derek Schultz from the Haight store and Colin Hayes from the Blithedale store in California, and
- Naomi Zep from the Redwood City store and Nadia Zep from the Los Altos store in California.