Now I’ll provide a brief review of our second quarter performance, and then Carrie will detail the second quarter financial results. Afterwards, we’ll be happy to take questions.
We are pleased to announce year-over-year improvement in both our top and bottom lines for the quarter. Revenue was up 7% primarily due to increased case volumes. Additionally we had a $1.4 million improvement in net loss driven by our expense reduction initiatives. As I mentioned a few minutes ago, since the first quarter of 2012 we have put into place significant cost reductions, the results of which can be seen from the top line through to the bottom line.
We’ve reduced all of our expense line items by double-digits between the comparable quarters of 2012 and 2011 with an overall operating expense reduction of $1.2 million. This new overhead structures speaks to our commitment to align our cost structure with our available capital and reduce expense expenses that do not directly drive top line sales. I am continuing to assess all aspects of the business to formulate a longer term strategy that will harness the true potential of the Jones Soda brand and create a sustainable business model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV