Jones Soda's CEO Discusses Q2 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Now I’ll provide a brief review of our second quarter performance, and then Carrie will detail the second quarter financial results. Afterwards, we’ll be happy to take questions.
We are pleased to announce year-over-year improvement in both our top and bottom lines for the quarter. Revenue was up 7% primarily due to increased case volumes. Additionally we had a $1.4 million improvement in net loss driven by our expense reduction initiatives. As I mentioned a few minutes ago, since the first quarter of 2012 we have put into place significant cost reductions, the results of which can be seen from the top line through to the bottom line.
We’ve reduced all of our expense line items by double-digits between the comparable quarters of 2012 and 2011 with an overall operating expense reduction of $1.2 million. This new overhead structures speaks to our commitment to align our cost structure with our available capital and reduce expense expenses that do not directly drive top line sales. I am continuing to assess all aspects of the business to formulate a longer term strategy that will harness the true potential of the Jones Soda brand and create a sustainable business model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV