Our sales to non-related parties increased an impressive 36.5% year- over-year and grew 21.9% sequentially. Revenues from large panel display drivers were $79.7 million, up 4.3% from a year ago and also increased 11.7% sequentially. Large panel drivers accounted for 42.1% of our total revenues for the second quarter compared to 47.6% a year ago and 42.8% in the previous quarter. The sales increase was mainly due to the growing sales to the panel customers in China. Thanks to the new capacity ramp currently underway in China, we anticipate this positive trend to continue in the second half of the year.
Sales of small and medium sized applications came in at $83.8 million, up 34.7% from the same period last year and up 15.8% sequentially. The growth was mainly a result of strong sales in a number of fast-growing product segments including smartphones, automotive and tablets. Sales for smartphone driver ICs, particularly those to the China market, were particularly robust. Our small and medium sized driver sales totaled $83.8 million for the second quarter, a record high in our history. Revenues from our non-driver businesses were $26 million, an increase of 18.4% from the same period last year and up 13.2% sequentially.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV