Our forward-looking statements are based upon current expectations that involve risks, changes and circumstances, assumptions and uncertainties. These risks are described in the “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and the Results of Operations” sections of Alimera’s quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2012, and Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011, which are on file with the SEC and available on the SEC’s and Alimera’s websites.
Additional risks, which may also be described in those sections of Alimera’s quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, which we expect to file no later than next week. We encourage all investors to read these reports and our other SEC filings.
All of the information we provide on this conference call is provided only as of today and we undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements we may make on this call or on account of new information, future events or otherwise. Please be advised that today’s call is being recorded and webcast.
And with that, I would like to turn the call over to Dan Myers, our President, and Chief Executive Officer. Dan?Dan Myers Thanks, Rick. We’ve made great progress in recent months as we prepared to launch ILUVIEN on our own in 2013 in selected countries. We now received marketing authorization for ILUVIEN in five of the seven EU countries that we initially targeted Austria, the UK, Portugal, France and Germany and on target to begin generating revenue during the first quarter of 2013. With our recently announced $40 million convertible preferred stock financing that we expect to close in the third quarter, combined with our existing cash on hand, we believe that we’ll be fully funded to commercially launch and sell ILUVIEN on our own in Germany, the UK, and France.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV