Drivers Burn Rubber At Cedar Point's Wheels Of Thunder V
SANDUSKY, Ohio, Aug. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The home of the some of the world's fastest roller coasters will welcome one of the country's best-loved speed demons, Dale Earnhardt Jr., next week for Wheels of Thunder V!
The third-generation NASCAR racer will make a public appearance at Cedar Point and even challenge some lucky guests to a showdown at the Grand Prix Go-Carts. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 16, guests can stop by the Luminosity stage area to submit a question for Junior to answer. If he picks the guest's question to answer, that lucky fan will get to race him later in the day at the Grand Prix Go-Cart track!
Guests who visit the park during Wheels of Thunder will also have a chance to mingle with local icons from Sandusky's own ThorSport Racing.
The week of action-packed activities includes:
- A public meet-and-greet and autograph session with ThorSport drivers from 4-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 14, along the Top Thrill Dragster midway, where guests can also catch a glimpse of the drivers being launched on the 120-mph coaster
- A public question-and-answer session with Dale Earnhardt Jr. from 5:10-5:30 p.m. on Aug. 16 in Celebration Plaza
- A race between Dale Earnhardt Jr. and lucky fans from 5:40-6 p.m. on Aug. 16 at the Grand Prix Go-Carts
- Flights on the Goodyear Blimp for the five highest bidders in a fundraiser for the Firelands Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Regional media contact: Annie Zelm, marketing programs representativePhone: 419-609-2067 Email: email@example.com
- National media contact: Bryan Edwards, marketing programs managerPhone: 419-627-2220 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts