Romney Picks Paul Ryan as Running Mate
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney Saturday introduced his running mate for the November election: Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.
As chairman of the House Budget Committee, Ryan has been a vocal proponent of conservative fiscal policy, advocating steep spending cuts in social programs and an overhaul of Social Security and Medicare.
His selection as the vice presidential candidate appears aimed at appealing to fiscal conservatives and Tea Party members.
Romney announced his decision Saturday morning in Norfolk, Va. after touring the battleship U.S.S. Wisconsin, according to The New York Times.The two plan a four-day tour through four states likely to be hotly contested in the election, the Times added. "Paul is a man of tremendous character," Mr. Romney said when announcing his pick, according to the Times. "I don't know of anyone who doesn't respect his character and judgment." > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV