SAO PAULO, Aug. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage services providers in the world based in the number of customers, announces today its results for the second quarter 2012 (2Q12).
In 2Q12, net operating revenue reached R$ 2.5 billion, a 5.8% growth compared to 2Q11. Costs and expenses, including construction costs, in the amount of R$ 1.9 billion grew 6.5% over 2Q11. EBIT grew 3.7%, from R$ 599.3 million in 2Q11 to R$ 621.4 million in 2Q12. EBITDA increased 3.0%, from R$ 775.5 million in 2Q11 to R$ 798.4 million in 2Q12. The EBITDA margin was 32.3% in 2Q12 in comparison to 33.1% in the same period of the previous year. Excluding construction revenues and construction costs, the EBITDA margin was 41.4% in 2Q12 (41.5% in 2Q11).
Excluding the effect from the exchange rate variation and its taxes, net income in 1H12 would have reached R$ 865.6 million ( R$ 567.8 million in 1H11). 2Q12 net income would have reached R$ 478.7 million ( R$ 430.6 million in 2Q11), corresponding to an 11.2% increase.
The complete version of the release is available at the Company's website: www.sabesp.com.br.Conference call – August 14, 2012 In English 1:00 pm (US EST)Dial-in access: 1(412) 317-6776Conference ID: Sabesp In Portuguese 10:00 am (US EST)Dial-in access: 55 (11) 3127-4971Conference ID: Sabesp Live webcast at: www.sabesp.com.br IR Contacts: Mario Arruda Sampaio: (55 11) 3388-8664 ( email@example.com) Angela Beatriz Airoldi: (55 11) 3388-8793 ( firstname.lastname@example.org) SOURCE SABESP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV