Chicago Bridge & Iron Company (CBI) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Chicago Bridge & Iron Company fell 86 cents (-2.3%) to $37.21 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of Chicago Bridge & Iron Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.97-$38.03 after having opened the day at $38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.07. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Casella Waste Systems (CWST), down 8.8%, India Globalization Capital (IGC), down 4.7%, Patrick Industries (PATK), down 4.7%, and Caesarstone Sdot-Yam (CSTE), down 4.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Chicago Bridge Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CBI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV