E*Trade Financial (ETFC) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, E*Trade Financial fell 15 cents (-1.8%) to $8.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of E*Trade Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.32-$8.53 after having opened the day at $8.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.57. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), down 16.4%, American Realty Investors (ARL), down 11%, American Spectrum Realty (AQQ), down 10.9%, and Crescent Financial (CRFN), down 10.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full E*Trade Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ETFC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV