Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Select Comfort Corporation fell 55 cents (-1.9%) to $27.62 on light volume. Throughout the day, 327,451 shares of Select Comfort Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.35-$28.06 after having opened the day at $27.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.17. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Monster Beverage (MNST), down 11.3%, Frederick's of Hollywood Group (FOH), down 11.2%, Star Scientific (STSI), down 8.5%, and Star Scientific (CIGX), down 8.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Select Comfort Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SCSS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV