Discovery Communications (DISCA) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Discovery Communications rose 67 cents (1.2%) to $54.58 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Discovery Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.82-$54.60 after having opened the day at $53.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.91. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: China Jo-Jo Drugstores (CJJD), up 32.9%, 51job (JOBS), up 20.3%, WageWorks (WAGE), up 12.6%, and China Lodging Group (HTHT), up 11.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Discovery Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DISCA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV