More information on risks and uncertainties that may affect our business and financial results, or may cause us not to achieve our forecasts, are included in our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended June 30, 2011, and other public filings we have made with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The forward-looking statements made on this call and webcast, the archived version of the webcast and any transcript of this call only speak to this date, August 9, 2012.
Today's call and webcast may include non-GAAP financial measures within the meaning of Regulation G. A reconciliation of all such non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable financial measure calculated and presented in accordance with GAAP can be found in today's press release.
Today, we reported record financial results for the quarter and for fiscal year ended June 30, 2012, and also initiated guidance for fiscal 2013.Overall, total revenue for fiscal 2012 was a record $880 million, up 16% from last year. Operating income for fiscal 2012 was $179 million, up 18% from fiscal 2011, with non-GAAP earnings per share increasing 35% year-over-year to $2.45.During the quarter, we recorded a $10 million charge to what we currently believe will reasonably address potential outcomes related to several legal matters, which had a $0.17 impact on our diluted earnings per share of $2.28.On to game sales. Revenues from game sales were $96.8 million for the quarter, up 33% from $72.7 million in the prior year. We sold 5,322 new units during the quarter, including 4,143 units sold in North America. Of these, 1,323 units were opening in expansion units and 2,820 were replacement sales. This marks the fifth quarter in a row our North America replacement unit sales were up year-over-year, reflecting the investments in ALPHA 2 and in our game studios.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV