Report: RIM to Slash Headcount Next Week
BGR reports that RIM will lay off 3,000 workers next week, as the company aligns its cost structure with slowing and declining revenue and market share. The BlackBerry maker has continued to lose market share in the smartphone market to both Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG), through its Android operating system.
Citing an unnamed source, BGR reports that all departments are at risk for layoffs, except for employees working on BlackBerry 10. The source said some employees have been packing their desks ahead of the rumored workforce reductions.
A Research In Motion spokeswoman confirmed the 5,000 layoffs the company announced earlier this year have been ongoing and are being done "as quickly as possible with respect to the employees."Interested in more on Research In Motion? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV