Seagate Technology (STX) designs, manufactures, markets and sells hard disk drives. This stock is trading up 3.2% at $33.83 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 10.4 millionAverage Volume: 13.1 million Volume % Change: 50% Shares of STX are moving notably higher today after Lizard Capital started coverage on the stock with a $38 price target. From a technical perspective, STX is ramping higher here with decent volume. This move is coming after a massive run higher, since STX has soared from its June low of $21.62 to today's high of $34.24. This move has also pushed STX into extremely overbought territory, since its current relative strength index reading is 80.20. Traders should now only look for long-biased trades if STX is trending above its recent breakout level of $32.55 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 13,080,800 shares as bullish. If STX can hold that trend, then this stock could hit $35 to $40 in near future. However, considering how overbought STX is, traders might want to look for short-term short trades if that breakout level fails to hold. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV