Insulet (PODD) is a medical device company. Insulet develops, manufactures and markets an insulin infusion system for people with insulin-dependent diabetes. This stock is trading up 2.5% at $20.61 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 344,000Average Volume: 324,781 Volume % Change: 85% Shares of PODD are ripping higher today after Canaccord Genuity reiterated its buy rating on the stock and issued a $24.50 price target. From a technical perspective, PODD is moving back above its 50-day moving average of $20.16 with above average volume. This stock has also started to flirt with breaking out, since PODD briefly challenged some near-term overhead resistance at $20.73. At last check, shares of PODD have hit an intraday high of $21.02 but it has since then pulled back near $20.60. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as PODD is trending above its 50-day at $20.16, and then once it breaks out above more resistance at $21.42 to $21.92 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 324,781 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for PODD to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $23.33.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV