Worldwide Olympic Partner P&G (NYSE: PG) congratulates Christine Sinclair for her performance in the historical bronze medal match at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The Tide ambassador, and captain of Team Canada, has now won her first Olympic medal, which is also the first for women’s soccer in Canada and the first Olympic summer team sport medal since 1936.
And as the Proud Sponsor of Moms, P&G also extends congratulations to her mom, Sandra Sinclair for her support, since as Christine’s first coach at age four, she played an instrumental part in getting Christine involved in the sport. Although Sandra wasn’t able to be in London to watch her daughter compete, she was delighted to have the chance to see Christine play on home turf for the first time in years at the Olympic qualifying tournament.
P&G recognizes that no athlete makes it to the Olympics Games alone, and chances are, the one person in Canada cheering the loudest was her mom. Since P&G is in the business of helping moms, it is using its voice at the Olympic Games to say “thank you” to all moms for all they do to help their kids achieve their dreams. Its Thank You Mom campaign is the largest scale initiative in the company’s 175-year history.
Thom C. Lachman, President, P&G Canada, said, “Christine is an exemplary athlete and captain with an impressive career thus far. This bronze medal is an historic accomplishment, and on behalf of P&G, I want to congratulate Christine for helping to take women’s soccer in Canada to a new level.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV