The AOL On Network today announced the launch of version 2.0 of its connected TV app. Formerly known as AOL HD, The AOL On app will feature ad-serving capabilities at launch, and will boast a wide selection of rich, high-definition video content drawn from The AOL On library of more than 380,000 short-form videos. Already available on seven of the leading connected TV platforms, the update will be made available to three of these platforms: Samsung Smart TVs, Roku and Sony. Currently in beta, TiVo joins the lineup of supported platforms. Subscribers will receive access to the AOL On app in the coming weeks on TiVo Premiere DVRs.
“Our subscribers look to us to provide them with the best entertainment from cable and the web together in one place,” said Tara Maitra, SVP, Content and Media Sales for TiVo. “We’re always looking to expand our content offerings to improve their experience and The AOL On app helps us do just that. The impressive array of entertaining and informative videos is a perfect complement to our existing catalogue of TV, movies and music.”
The upgraded AOL On app boasts a newly redesigned, cutting-edge user interface. In addition to AOL original content from properties like Moviefone, Engadget and HuffPost Entertainment, the app will feature high-definition videos from the AOL On Network’s premium content partners like Reuters, AP, BBC, Newsy, Entertainment Tonight, Sugar, E!, Splash News, CNET and Gourmet TV. New content will be added on a daily basis.
“One of the primary barriers to mainstream adoption of connected TVs has been the lack of good content,” said Rob DelaCruz, General Manager, Connected TV and Mobile Video, The AOL On Network. “By drawing from The AOL On Network’s massive video library, we’re able to address this issue with a steady stream of fresh, relevant content that speaks to the topics our viewers are interested in now.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV