NEW YORK -- Groupon (GRPN) is expected by analysts Monday to post second-quarter adjusted earnings of 3 cents a share on revenue of $578 million.
In the first quarter, the daily deals site posted a profit of 2 cents a share on revenue of $559.3 million.
Shares of Groupon have declined more than 60% since its IPO in November was priced at $20.
Activist investor Nelson Peltz will join the board of Ingersoll-Rand (IR) as he pushes to improve profitability at the industrial conglomerate, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. Peltz's Trian Management LP fund took a roughly 7% stake in the company in May. The company is expected to announce Peltz's appointment to the board on Monday, the people told the newspaper. Bridgewater Bets on Insurers, Brazil
Julius Baer , the Swiss private bank, said Monday it would acquire Merrill Lynch's wealth-management business outside the U.S. and Japan from Bank of America (BAC) for $880 million.
Motorola Mobility, which Google (GOOG) bought in May, told employees Sunday it plans to cut 20% of its work force and close nearly a third of its 94 offices worldwide, The New York Times reported.
Sysco (SYY) is expected Monday to report fourth-quarter earnings of 54 cents a share on sales of $11.04 billion.
Barnes & Noble (BKS) is reducing by $20 the price for its less-expensive model Nook tablet, undercutting by that amount the rival Kindle Fire sold by Amazon.com (AMZN). Barnes & Noble Cuts Nook Prices -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV