NHN Japan's "LINE Camera" Achieves 10 Million Downloads
TOKYO, Aug. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NHN Japan Corporation announced on August 10 its "LINE camera" -- the official camera app for the free-calling and free-messaging app 'LINE' achieved 10 million* downloads as of August 7 in only 4 months since the service was released.
This easy-to-use camera app allows users to edit and decorate their photos taken on smartphone cameras and then to share their finished creations with friends and groups via a range of SNS services.
One of the reasons for LINE camera's success can be explained by an original feature which gives users the ability to decorate their own photos using LINE's popular Sticker Characters. LINE camera was released on April 12 for Android and April 26 for iPhone, and about a month later on May 9, downloads exceeded the 5 million mark.
Even after this, LINE camera continued to add new editing features much to the delight of its users. The increased number of stickers (now over 800), as well as color varieties for stamps and frames, and the introduction of brightness adjustment tools, all contributed to enable LINE camera to reach this level of popularity.LINE camera took 117 days to achieve 10 million downloads. When this time span is compared to that of other camera apps such as Instagram which took 355 days, it is immediately obvious how rapidly this app is gaining popularity. http://naverland.naver.jp/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/LINE_camera_insta_en.gif (Source: The Instagram Community -- Ten Million and Counting) ( http://blog.instagram.com/post/10692926832/10million) LINE camera has also reached the No.1 spot in the Free Apps category at App Stores in 13 countries and No.1 in the Camera category at App Stores in 22 countries, as well as achieving the No.1 spot in the Camera category at Google Play stores in 16 countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV