Investors Real Estate Trust Stock Upgraded (IRET)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- INVESTORS REAL ESTATE TRUST reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, INVESTORS REAL ESTATE TRUST increased its bottom line by earning $0.07 versus $0.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.14 versus $0.07).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 661.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.44 million to $3.38 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $20.71 million or 1.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, INVESTORS REAL ESTATE TRUST's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 45.43%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, INVESTORS REAL ESTATE TRUST underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for INVESTORS REAL ESTATE TRUST is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.30%. Regardless of IRET's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, IRET's net profit margin of 5.60% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.