Law Office Of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation Of Savannah Bancorp, Inc.
BALA CYNWYD, Pa., Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Savannah Bancorp, Inc. ("Savannah Bancorp" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: SAVB) relating to the proposed acquisition by SCBT Financial Corporation ("SCBT").
Under the terms of the transaction, Savannah Bancorp shareholders will receive 0.2503 shares of SCBT common stock for each share of Savannah Bancorp stock they own. The transaction values Savannah Bancorp stock at approximately $9.31 per share. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of Savannah Bancorp for not acting in the Company's shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process to SCBT. The transaction undervalue the Company as Savannah Bancorp stock traded at $9.50 per share on August 9, 2012 and an analyst target price for Savannah Bancorp stock at $10.50 per share.
If you own shares of Savannah Bancorp stock and wish to discuss the legal ramifications of the proposed transaction, or have any questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire or Evan J. Smith, Esquire at Brodsky & Smith, LLC, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 602, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, by e-mail at email@example.com visiting http://brodsky-smith.com/464-savb-savannah-bancorp-inc.html, or by calling toll free 877-LEGAL-90.
SOURCE Brodsky & Smith, LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV