I will now turn the call over to Joe.
Thank you Linda and good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and thank you for joining our conference call. AMPACs third quarter fiscal quarter was a very significant one. First, we are reporting strong financial results and second we have completed a divesture of our aerospace equipment segment for $46 million in cash. Since we previously have a separate call on the aerospace segment divesture in June. We want to elaborate further on the strategic aspects of this action today. But of course we will answer any of your questions on this topic during the Q&A session.
We have decided to use the proceeds of this transaction to reduce debt and interest which will enable on refinancing of the company as Dana will describe in her remarks. We are pleased to report a very strong quarter for both our specialty chemicals and fine chemicals segments. This performance is largely driven by our fine chemical segments, increased production volumes and corresponding improved margins, combined with the consistent performance of our specialty chemicals segment.A small portion of this performance is due to timing of sales on the part of both the segments. As we indicated in our call last quarter, in the first half of this year we would see a transition to improve profitability that would occur in the second half. Our third quarter results clearly demonstrated that we are on track to meet those second half objectives. We continue to build upon our core products and add new products and customers especially in our fine chemicals business. Our specialty chemical segment remained stable and profitable. We continue to look for approaches to improve product margins through our company wide operational excellence and cost reduction initiatives and are focused on keeping operating expenses as low as possible in the face of rising cost in main areas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV