- Attributable silver equivalent production of 6.7 million ounces (6.5 million ounces of silver and 3,200 ounces of gold), an increase of 10% compared with Q2 2011
- Revenues increased 3% compared with Q2 2011, to a record US$201.4 million, on record silver equivalent sales of 6.9 million ounces (6.8 million ounces of silver and 2,400 ounces of gold).
- Net earnings were US$141.4 million ( US$0.40 per share) compared to US$148.1 million ( US$0.42 per share) in Q2 2011.
- Operating cash flows increased 3% compared with Q2 2011, to a record US$172.9 million ( US$0.49 per share [ 1]).
- Cash operating margin [ 1] was US$25.01 [ 1] per silver equivalent ounce, compared to US$34.21 in Q2 2011.
- Average cash costs [ 1] fell slightly compared with Q2 2011, to US$4.06 [ 1] per silver equivalent ounce ( US$4.04 per ounce of silver and US$303 per ounce of gold).
- Cash balance of US$1.1 billion, with a net cash position of US$1.04 billion at the end of Q2 2012.
- Declared quarterly dividend of US$0.10 per common share, representing 20% of the cash generated by operating activities during the three months ended June 30, 2012.
- Announced attributable proven and probable silver reserves of 798 million ounces, nearly twice the reserves of any other silver company in the world.
- Subsequent to the second quarter, Silver Wheaton announced that it has agreed to acquire a precious metals stream from Hudbay Minerals Inc.'s ("Hudbay") currently producing flagship 777 Mine ("777"), as well as a silver stream from their cornerstone development project, Constancia. Combined, 777 and Constancia will increase Silver Wheaton's long-term average annual silver equivalent production by approximately 4.9 million ounces [ 2].
Silver Wheaton Reports Record Quarterly Financial Results Including Operating Cash Flows Of Over US$172 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.