T-Mobile loses subscribers, smartphones flat
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The long slide of T-Mobile USA continued in the latest quarter, as the country's No. 4 cellphone company lost subscribers and struggled to sign people up for smartphones.
The company, a subsidiary of Germany's Deutsche Telekom AG, said on Thursday that it lost a net 205,000 subscribers in the second quarter, a record for the period.Among phone subscribers under contract, it lost 557,000 subscribers, also the highest number of the second quarter. Phone subscribers on contract-based plans pay the most, and are the bread-and-butter of large wireless carriers. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average fell 10.45 points, or 0.08 percent, to 13,165.19. The Standard & Poor's 500 was virtually flat, rising 0.58 points to 1,402.80. The Nasdaq edged up 7.39 to 3,018.64. Benchmark oil rose 1 cent to $93.36 per barrel in New York. Brent crude, which is used to price international varieties of oil, gained $1.08 to $113.22 per barrel in London. Natural gas prices rose 1.2 cents to $2.945 per 1,000 cubic feet, although they had gained more than 10 cents earlier on a government supply report. Heating oil increased 2.91 cents to $3.045 per gallon. Gasoline futures gained 2 cents to $3.00 per gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV