MSC Industrial Direct Co. Inc. (MSM): Today's Featured Wholesale Laggard
MSC Industrial Direct (MSM) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, MSC Industrial Direct fell $1.04 (-1.5%) to $69.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 232,783 shares of MSC Industrial Direct exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 648,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $69.13-$70.37 after having opened the day at $70.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.26. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: China Auto Logistics (CALI), down 14.3%, Universal Power Group (UPG), down 4.7%, Lawson Products (LAWS), down 4.2%, and SinoHub (SIHI), down 4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MSC Industrial Direct Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV