Torchmark Corporation (TMK) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Torchmark Corporation fell 91 cents (-1.8%) to $49.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Torchmark Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 779,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.65-$50.81 after having opened the day at $50.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.71. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Crawford & Company (CRD.B), down 3.7%, Citizens (CIA), down 2.9%, United Fire Group (UFCS), down 2.8%, and Crawford & Company (CRD.A), down 2.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Torchmark Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TMK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV