MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In July 2011, Harbinger Group Inc., (NYSE: HRG) joined with long-time Starkey Hearing Foundation supporter Rayovac, and pledged to help further the Foundation's mission to bring understanding among people through hearing care by focusing on awareness, education, protection and treatment. Since then they have increased their support, and the companies are currently among Starkey Hearing Foundation's most committed partners.
Rayovac served as the Event Sponsor for Starkey Hearing Foundation's 12th annual So the World May Hear Awards Gala, which took place on Saturday, August 4, 2012, and raised a record-breaking $7.6 million. The funds raised will allow Starkey Hearing Foundation to continue its work in promoting hearing health and awareness, including holding domestic and international hearing missions over the coming year, and furthering its Listen Carefully program to promote safe listening among young people.
"Alone we can't do much. Together we can change the world," said Bill Austin, founder, Starkey Hearing Foundation. "We are only as good as our partners, and Harbinger Group and Rayovac have been so instrumental in our efforts. With their support, we are able to reflect sharing and caring into thousands of lives around the world each year through the gift of hearing."In addition to being the Event Sponsor for the 2012 Awards Gala and sponsoring hearing missions throughout the year, Rayovac, a division of Spectrum Brands, is the Foundation's World Partner for hearing aid batteries. The Foundation distributes more than 100,000 hearing aids each year through its domestic and international hearing missions, and as part of their model for success, a generous supply of Rayovac batteries is provided to each recipient to ensure long-term impact in restoring their hearing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV