Texas Los Finados Exploration Continuing; Kingsville Dome Pond Activities Progressing Well
- Phase II work on the joint Los Finados exploration project with Cameco is scheduled to be completed in November 2012. Under Phase II thus far, 32 holes have been drilled at an average depth of 1,170 feet with an additional 15 holes planned. Of the total $1.5 million that was committed by URI to complete Phase II, $1 million is being funded by Cameco, who currently has earned a 40% interest in the project and will have 50% interest after Phase II completion. URI has until November 30, 2012 to make a decision regarding moving on to Phase III.
- In order to accommodate production in New Mexico and be in a position to return to production in Texas, URI is in the process of refurbishing the Kingsville Dome holding ponds. Total capital and operating costs for the refurbishment project is estimated at $2.9 million. URI expects to generate up to 40,000 to 50,000 pounds of U 3O 8 as a by-product of this activity.
- Continued restoration activities at the Company’s three most recent South Texas projects included approximately 4.5 billion gallons of water processed to date. Restoration activities continue at KVD PA3 and Vasquez PA1 and PA2. Groundwater restoration has been completed at the Rosita PA1 and PA2 well fields, which are currently being monitored for stability. Final closure on these areas is expected by the third quarter of 2012.
Cash at June 30, 2012 was $2.8 million compared with $2.9 million at December 31, 2011. As part of the merger agreement, URI has supplied Neutron with $3.2 million in cash for their budget to date and an additional $0.2 million for an asset purchase in the first quarter of 2012. As of August 3, 2012, URI had $2.0 million in cash. URI, at its option, can receive $5 million through the sale of additional shares to Resource Capital Fund V L.P. (“RCF”) at the closing of the Neutron merger. The share price will be based off the lower of $0.97 or the volume weighted average trading price of URI common stock on the NASDAQ exchange of the previous 20 trading days prior to the closing of the merger.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV