Montpelier Reinsurance Ltd. (Montpelier Re), the Bermuda subsidiary of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: MRH), announced today several appointments in its Bermuda property treaty operation.
Effective immediately, Paul Hopwood, formerly Head of US Property Treaty, has been appointed Head of Global Property Treaty and will report to Christopher Schaper, President of Montpelier Reinsurance Ltd. In this role, Mr. Hopwood will continue to be responsible for US Property Catastrophe Treaty underwriting and will also now oversee the International Property Catastrophe Treaty and Property Specialty Treaty underwriting teams for Montpelier Bermuda.
Mr. Schaper said, “We have organized the Bermuda property treaty operation into three units to enhance our underwriting capabilities and facilitate our business writings with our clients and brokers. Paul has been with Montpelier Re for ten years and has very effectively led the US Property Treaty operation for the past four. I am very confident he will continue to provide exceptional leadership in his new role.”
The company also announced that Dan Kinnier, Head of International Property Catastrophe Treaty, has assumed the additional responsibility of Deputy Head of Global Property Treaty and Bin Bai has been appointed to lead the Property Specialty Treaty business. Both positions report to Mr. Hopwood.All changes are subject to the approval of the Bermuda Department of Immigration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV