Adjusted EBITDA is not a measure of performance defined in accordance with GAAP. However, management believes that Adjusted EBITDA is useful to investors in evaluating the Company’s performance because Adjusted EBITDA is a commonly used financial analysis tool for measuring and comparing companies in the Company’s industry in areas of operating performance.
Management believes that the disclosure of Adjusted EBITDA offers an additional view of the Company’s operations that, when coupled with the GAAP results and the reconciliation to GAAP net loss, provides a more complete understanding of the Company’s results of operations and the factors and trends affecting the Company’s business.
We present Adjusted EBITDA as a supplemental measure of our performance.
We defined Adjusted EBITDA as net loss from continuing operations plus
(i) interest expense, net, (ii) provision for taxes, (iii) depreciation
and amortization, (iv) stock based payments, and (v) indirect costs
incurred during the merger with Vertro. These further adjustments are
itemized above. You are encouraged to evaluate these adjustments and the
reasons we consider them appropriate for supplemental analysis. In
evaluating Adjusted EBITDA, you should be aware that in the future we
may incur expenses that are the same or similar to some of the
adjustments in the presentation. Our presentation of Adjusted EBITDA
should not be construed as an inference that our future results will be
unaffected by unusual or non-recurring items.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV