NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- As Apple (AAPL) gets closer to releasing the iPhone 5, demand for older iPhones is slowing as most wait on the release of the latest and greatest. If you still want the soon to be "old" 4S, though, you can get it, and for $50 less than it would normally cost.
One more thing. Apple has started to price match the cuts from Sprint and Best Buy. I called the Fifth Avenue and the Upper West Side stores in New York City and the store on the Upper West Side confirmed the price matching.
There you have it. If you aren't obsessed with the latest and greatest, but want the iPhone, you can get it for $50 less.Shares of Apple closed higher in Thursday trading, up 0.57% to $620.73. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV