HOUSTON, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rick's Cabaret International, Inc . (NASDAQ:RICK), the publicly traded group of upscale gentlemen's clubs, said today its new subsidiary Jaguars Acquisitions, Inc. (JAI) and certain other subsidiaries will acquire nine operating locations and two other licensed locations under development in a single transaction. Ten of the clubs are in Texas and the eleventh is in Phoenix, AZ.
The subsidiaries will pay a total of $26 million for the clubs and $10 million for associated real estate, with $4.35 million to be paid in cash upon closing of the transaction and the remainder through seller notes at 9.5 percent interest payable over 12 years. The seller notes may be prepaid after five years.
The locations being purchased are the Jaguars Clubs in Lubbock, Odessa, El Paso, Harlingen, Tye, Edinburg, Beaumont and Longview in Texas plus the Jaguars Club in Phoenix. The clubs to be developed are in Lubbock and Odessa and are expected to open as Rick's Cabaret locations within a few months of closing the transaction."This is a terrific acquisition for us and these outstanding clubs will very quickly begin contributing significantly to our earnings and cash flow with the nine currently operating clubs adding over $15 million in gross revenues and approximately $7 million of Adjusted EBITDA," said Eric Langan , President and CEO of Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. Mr. Langan said the purchase price is well within the cost parameters generally followed by the company when making acquisitions. "We believe cash flow generated by these new clubs will more than cover all debt costs and they will contribute to our overall profitability," Mr. Langan added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV