Bally Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BYI):
- FOURTH QUARTER REVENUE UP 15 PERCENT TO A RECORD $246 MILLION WITH NON-GAAP EPS OF $0.78
- WIDE-AREA PROGRESSIVE INSTALLED BASE GROWS 72 PERCENT AND SETS RECORD QUARTERLY REVENUE; CASH CONNECTION™ INSTALLED BASE INCREASES TO 625 UNITS
- COMPANY REPURCHASES $106 MILLION WORTH OF STOCK SINCE MARCH 31, 2012
- INITIATES FISCAL 2013 DILUTED EPS GUIDANCE OF $2.95 TO $3.30
Bally Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BYI), a leader in slots, video machines, casino management, interactive applications, and networked and server-based systems for the global gaming industry, announced today quarterly non-GAAP EPS of $0.78 on record revenue of $246 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012. Non-GAAP EPS was $2.45 on record revenue of $880 million for the year ended June 30, 2012. Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations (“Diluted EPS”) was $0.61 and $2.28 for the three months and year ended June 30, 2012.
“Our fourth quarter and fiscal 2012 results validate our leadership position in gaming technology innovation,” said Richard M. Haddrill, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. “This innovation leadership and visibility into further growth opportunities for all of our businesses for fiscal 2013 and beyond is tremendously encouraging.”
“During our fourth quarter we established a number of company records for revenues and profitability, prudently accrued $10 million for several legal matters, and purchased another $73 million of our common stock, bringing the total during fiscal 2012 to 3.9 million shares for $155 million at $40.06 per share,” said Neil Davidson, the Company’s Chief Financial Officer. “Since June 30, 2012, we purchased an additional $33 million worth of stock.”As of today, the Company has approximately $58 million available under its Board-authorized share repurchase plan. Additionally, the Company’s leverage ratio remains comfortably below 2.0 times, which leaves the Company’s share repurchases unrestricted under the terms of its credit agreement. This quarter represented the 19 th consecutive quarter the Company has repurchased shares. “We increased the Cash Connection wide-area progressive (“WAP”) installed base by almost 500 units in the fourth quarter including additional installations of GREASE™ and the recently launched Michael Jackson King of Pop™ to much-deserved excitement from the marketplace,” said Ramesh Srinivasan, the Company’s President and Chief Operating Officer. “Total new gaming devices sold was the strongest it has been in 13 quarters, and in late July we went live with our first VLTs in Italy. We are particularly excited about this October’s Global Gaming Expo, where we will showcase new branded WAP titles, additional content for the Elite Bonusing Suite™, and several new titles for sale and rental on the ALPHA 2™ platform.”
|Fiscal Year 2012 Highlights|
|Three Months Ended June 30,||Year Ended June 30,|
|2012||% Rev||2011||% Rev||2012||% Rev||2011||% Rev|
|(dollars in millions, except per share amounts)|
|Gaming Equipment (1)||$||44.8||46||%||$||30.9||43||%||$||139.8||45||%||$||112.1||45||%|
|Total gross margin||$||152.8||62||%||$||133.1||62||%||$||553.4||63||%||$||484.5||64||%|
|Selling, general and administrative (2)||$||62.7||26||%||$||60.6||28||%||$||245.0||28||%||$||225.0||30||%|
|Research and development costs||25.6||10||%||23.3||11||%||96.2||11||%||88.1||12||%|
|Loss contingency accrual||10.0||4||%||—||—||10.0||1||%||—||—|
|Depreciation and amortization||5.7||2||%||5.3||2||%||22.8||3||%||19.9||3||%|
|Operating income||$||48.8||20||%||$||43.9||21||%||$ 179.4||20||%||$||151.5||20||%|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$||81.8||$||67.0||$ 282.5||$||242.9|
|Diluted EPS||$||0.61||$||0.51||$ 2.28||$||1.82|
|Non-GAAP EPS||$||0.78||$||0.51||$ 2.45||$||1.82|
|(1) Gross Margin from Gaming Equipment and Systems excludes amortization related to certain intangibles, including core technology and license rights, which are included in depreciation and amortization.|
|(2) Selling, general and administrative expenses for the year ended June 30, 2012 includes a $1.8 million impairment on notes receivable related to development financing.|
|Three Months Ended||Year Ended|
|June 30,||June 30,|
|New gaming devices||5,322||3,829||16,504||13,537|
|New unit Average Selling Price (“ASP”)||$||17,182||$||16,719||$||17,044||$||15,832|
|As of June 30,|
|End-of-period installed base:|
|Linked progressive systems||1,792||1,059|
|Rental and daily-fee games||14,890||14,315|
|Centrally determined systems||47,633||50,754|
- Total revenue increased 15 percent to a record $246 million as compared with $214 million last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, including share-based compensation), a non-GAAP financial measure, increased 22 percent to a record $82 million as compared with $67 million last year.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses (“SG&A”) declined to 26 percent of total revenues from 28 percent last year. SG&A increased $2 million primarily due to an increase in payroll to support key new markets.
- Research and development expenses (“R&D”) decreased to 10 percent of total revenues compared to 11 percent last year, with revenues continuing to grow faster than R&D expense growth, as past R&D efforts continue to pay off with increased product acceptance among our customer base. Operating income increased 11 percent to $49 million compared with $44 million last year. Operating margin decreased to 20 percent from 21 percent last year. The current period includes a loss contingency of $10 million related to the potential outcome of certain legal matters.
- Non-GAAP EPS increased 53 percent to $0.78 from $0.51 last year. Diluted EPS increased 20 percent to $0.61 from $0.51 last year.
- Revenues increased 33 percent to $97 million as compared with $73 million last year, driven by higher unit sales from both replacement and new casino openings and an increase in ASP.
- ASP of new gaming devices increased 3 percent to $17,182 per unit from $16,719 last year, primarily as a result of the mix of Pro Series™ cabinets sold in the quarter.
- New-unit sales to international customers were 22 percent of total new-unit shipments.
- Gross margin increased to 46 percent from 43 percent last year, primarily due to mix and cost reductions on certain models of the Pro Series line of cabinets.
- Revenues increased 14 percent to a record $94 million as compared with $82 million last year, driven primarily by 72 percent growth in the installed base of WAP games, as well as the placement of games at Resorts World Casino New York City which opened in late calendar 2011.
- Gross margin remained constant at 72 percent.
- Revenues decreased 6 percent to $55 million as compared with $59 million last year.
- Maintenance revenues increased 15 percent to $20 million as compared with $17 million last year.
- Gross margin increased to 74 percent from 73 percent last year, primarily as a result of the change in mix of products. Specifically, hardware sales were 29 percent of systems revenues, and software and service sales were 35 percent, as compared to 42 percent for hardware and 29 percent for software and services in the same period last year.
- Total revenue increased 16 percent to a record $880 million as compared with $758 million last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 16 percent to a record $282 million as compared with $243 million last year.
- SG&A declined to 28 percent of total revenues from 30 percent last year. SG&A increased $20 million primarily due to increases in payroll, regulatory, and other infrastructure expenses to support key new markets and includes a $1.8 million impairment on notes receivable related to development financing.
- R&D decreased to 11 percent of total revenues as compared with 12 percent last year, with revenues growing faster than R&D expense growth, as past R&D efforts begin to pay off with increased product acceptance among our customer base.
- Operating income increased 18 percent to a record $179 million compared with $152 million last year. Operating margin remained constant at 20 percent. The current period includes a loss contingency of $10 million related to the potential outcome of certain legal matters.
- Non-GAAP EPS increased 35 percent to $2.45 from $1.82 last year. Diluted EPS increased 25 percent to $2.28 from $1.82 last year.
- Revenues increased 26 percent to $311 million as compared with $247 million last year, driven by higher unit sales and ASP.
- ASP of new gaming devices increased 8 percent to a record $17,044 per unit from $15,832 last year, primarily as a result of the mix of Pro Series cabinets sold in the year and an increase in ASP from international sales.
- New-unit sales to international customers were 26 percent of total new-unit shipments.
- Gross margin remained constant at 45 percent.
- Revenues increased 12 percent to a record $357 million as compared with $319 million last year, driven by 72 percent growth in the installed base of WAP games, as well as the placement of games at Resorts World Casino New York City which opened in late 2011.
- Gross margin remained constant at 72 percent.
- Revenues increased 10 percent to $212 million as compared with $193 million last year.
- Maintenance revenues increased 15 percent to a record $75 million as compared with $65 million last year.
- Gross margin remained constant at 74 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV