Nearest Resistance: $4.50
Nearest Support: $4.30Catalyst: Share Offering One stock that's pushing higher today is Exelixis (EXEL), a small-cap biotech stock that's up around 3%. Rather than testing new highs, though, it's bouncing after falling like a brick. Shares are down around 30% in the last week, after shares peaked after news that the FDA was granting the firm's thyroid cancer therapy a priority review. Then, the selloff accelerated after Exelixis announced a 30 million-share offering at a hefty discount. >>3 Biotech Stocks Under Surging Higher While today's bounce bodes well for the stock (in the short term, it's causing a Japanese change-of-trend pattern called a "harami"), it's a bit too early for all but the most nimble traders to try to pick a bottom at this point. If shares can move above resistance at $4.50, the margin of safety is big enough to justify an opportunistic buy for folks who already like this stock. Exelixis was also featured today in " 5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV