Avalon Rare Metals
Avalon Rare Metals (AVL) is a Canada-based mineral exploration and development company. Avalon's primary focus is on rare metals and minerals, including tin, lithium, tantalum, niobium, cesium, indium, gallium, zirconium and calcium feldspar. This stock is trading up 6.8% at $1.72 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.63-$1.7452-Week Range: $1.36-$4.90 Volume: 406,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 402,827 >>5 Volatile Stocks to Buy More OF From a technical perspective, AVL is ripping to the upside today right off some near-term support at $1.60 with above average volume. This stock has been trading inside of a large range for the past three months, with shares moving between $1.37 and $1.80 a share. Shares of AVL now look ready to challenge and potentially take out that upper-end of that range. Traders should look for long-biased trades in AVL as long as the stock is trending above its 50-day at $1.48, and then once it clears some near-term overhead resistance at $1.72 to $1.80 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $1.72 to $1.80 with volume that's near or above 402,827 shares. If AVL manages to bust out of its range soon, then this stock could easily head back towards its 200-day moving average of $2.43.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV