Advanced Micro Devices
Nearest Resistance: $4.50
Nearest Support: $4Catalyst: Buyout Rumors Yesterday, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) rallied on a new set of buyout rumors. Today, shares are recovering from the optimism on high volume. After posting a big move higher in yesterday's market session, shares are only giving back 1.14% today, sliding to $4.35 as I write. That suggests that while Mr. Market is discounting the rumors a bit, he's not willing to ignore them at this point. The rumors may be enough to make AMD complete a bottoming pattern, a welcome technical setup after shares have slid from prices above $8 in just a few months. A breakout above $4.50 resistance would complete a bullish tower bottom reversal pattern, giving traders a buy signal for shares. Until that happens, hold off. Headline risk is pretty high in any name that has acquisition rumors swirling. AMD shows up on a recent list of 3 Stocks to Sell if They Crash on Earnings. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV