Nearest Resistance: $5
Nearest Support: $2.25Catalyst: New 52-Week Highs Sprint (S) is topping our list today, turning out some massive trading volume early in this morning's session after shares pushed into new 52-week highs for another day. While I've seen some attribution for today's price action linked to an obscure SEC filing or two, the truth is that today's 3.4% surge is 100% technical, and it's being brought on by the new high-water mark for this year. >>5 Big Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher Making new highs is significant from an investor psychology standpoint because it means that everyone who has bought shares in the last year is sitting on gains. As a result, the "back to even" mentality is less of a concern than it would be for a name with a higher proportion of shareholders sitting on losses. Resistance looks fairly strong at $5. If you're not already a Sprint owner, I'd wait to see if S can catch a bid at $5.01 before buying. For another take on Sprint, it shows up on recent lists of 5 Stocks Under $10 That Probably Won't Double in 2012 and 3 Winning Stocks to Sell for Profits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV