- INSIDER INTERVIEW – CTIA's Vice President of External and State Affairs Jamie Hastings talks about the launch of "Growing Wireless" website as a part of the industry's continued commitment to help parents educate their kids about responsible use. Hastings says GrowingWireless.com provides straightforward information so that parents and kids may talk and decide together about how, when and where to use wireless technology. By combining individual companies' services, tools and features with a family's rules and expectations on mobile use, kids will make better decisions and behave appropriately.
- POLICY POINT – CTIA launched its "Growing Wireless" website to provide parents with tools and information to educate themselves and teach their kids how to use wireless technology responsibly. While most kids instantly feel comfortable using wireless, some parents may feel overwhelmed by the number of new wireless devices, services and information their kids' want and may use. CTIA looks at GrowingWireless.com and its easy-to-understand information on wireless technology, including how to handle issues such as cyberbullying and sexting. The site also features links to CTIA's member companies' parental management tools and features and the industry's online safety, policy and education initiatives.
- WIRELESS AT WORK – Verizon Wireless' Gagan Puranik demonstrates VGo, a system that allows homebound children to engage in the school environment using a robot that is controlled by a tablet. The device is equipped with video and sound so children may engage with others using Verizon's 4G LTE network.
- WIRELESS LIFESAVER – While waiting one morning at their school bus stop, 13-year-olds David Beckley, Jr. and Tyler Creswell of Canton, Ohio, saw flames from a neighbor's porch that began to engulf the house. Without hesitation, Beckley used his cellphone to call 911. The boys then rushed to the back door of the house and tried to break the glass to unlock the door, but failed. That's when they began kicking the back door until the residents emerged. As firefighters arrived and attended to the burning home, the boys ran back to their bus stop and caught their bus in time for school.
CTIA-The Wireless Association Highlights Kids And Wireless Responsibly In August Edition Of "Wonder Of Wireless"
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.