CTIA-The Wireless Association Highlights Kids And Wireless Responsibly In August Edition Of "Wonder Of Wireless"
WASHINGTON, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As today's kids enter an increasingly wireless world, CTIA-The Wireless Association® and its member companies have launched "Growing Wireless" website ( www.GrowingWireless.com) to help parents navigate the constantly evolving and innovative U.S. wireless market of services, devices and applications. The new website will ensure parents can quickly access and understand the information on wireless technology and how to handle issues such as cyberbullying and sexting. In the August edition of the "Wonder of Wireless" (WOW) webcast and blog ( http://blog.ctia.org), CTIA highlights Growing Wireless and the industry's continued commitment to providing parents with up-to-date information so they may teach their kids to use wireless safely and responsibly.
This month's WOW offers the following:
- INSIDER INTERVIEW – CTIA's Vice President of External and State Affairs Jamie Hastings talks about the launch of "Growing Wireless" website as a part of the industry's continued commitment to help parents educate their kids about responsible use. Hastings says GrowingWireless.com provides straightforward information so that parents and kids may talk and decide together about how, when and where to use wireless technology. By combining individual companies' services, tools and features with a family's rules and expectations on mobile use, kids will make better decisions and behave appropriately.
- POLICY POINT – CTIA launched its "Growing Wireless" website to provide parents with tools and information to educate themselves and teach their kids how to use wireless technology responsibly. While most kids instantly feel comfortable using wireless, some parents may feel overwhelmed by the number of new wireless devices, services and information their kids' want and may use. CTIA looks at GrowingWireless.com and its easy-to-understand information on wireless technology, including how to handle issues such as cyberbullying and sexting. The site also features links to CTIA's member companies' parental management tools and features and the industry's online safety, policy and education initiatives.
- WIRELESS AT WORK – Verizon Wireless' Gagan Puranik demonstrates VGo, a system that allows homebound children to engage in the school environment using a robot that is controlled by a tablet. The device is equipped with video and sound so children may engage with others using Verizon's 4G LTE network.
- WIRELESS LIFESAVER – While waiting one morning at their school bus stop, 13-year-olds David Beckley, Jr. and Tyler Creswell of Canton, Ohio, saw flames from a neighbor's porch that began to engulf the house. Without hesitation, Beckley used his cellphone to call 911. The boys then rushed to the back door of the house and tried to break the glass to unlock the door, but failed. That's when they began kicking the back door until the residents emerged. As firefighters arrived and attended to the burning home, the boys ran back to their bus stop and caught their bus in time for school.
To watch the August WOW Webcast, please visit: http://www.ctia.org/consumer_info/wow/index.cfm/2012/08/.CTIA-The Wireless Association® ( www.ctia.org ) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry's leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C. SOURCE CTIA-The Wireless Association
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV