Analysts polled by FactSet expected earnings of $1.40 per share on revenue of $1.48 billion.
Revenue at stores open at least a year decreased nearly 3 percent. That's an important measure for retailers because it excludes results from newly opened or closed stores.
Advance Auto Parts lowered its full-year profit forecast from between $5.55 and $5.75 per share to between $5.25 and $5.35 per share. Analysts had expected $5.64 per share on average.
The company, which operates about 3,690 stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, opened 10 stores during the quarter and 35 stores this fiscal year. It said it remains on pace to open between 120 and 140 stores in fiscal 2012.___ Michael Felberbaum can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/MLFelberbaum.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV