Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), a Worldwide Olympic Partner, today announced that due to strong consumer response it has nearly doubled the amount of money the company hoped to contribute to the United States Olympic Committee’s (USOC) P&G | Team USA Youth Sports Fund. P&G launched the fund in April with the goal of raising $500,000 through the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The company today also announced plans to raise $25 million globally for youth sports, as part of its 10-year partnership with the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Earlier this year, P&G announced a plan to raise $5 million to support youth sports globally by the end of the London 2012 Olympic Games. This pledge has already been exceeded, with more than $6 million now donated for sports development, school equipment, youth funds and scholarships and places in summer sports camps across the world.
The USOC’s P&G | Team USA Youth Sports Fund is part of P&G’s ‘Thank you, Mom’ campaign and helps moms raise happy, healthy kids by providing broader access to youth sports programs in the United States. Strong consumer engagement in the ‘Thank you, Mom’ campaign has allowed the company to double its original U.S. goal and raise nearly $1 million to provide even more kids greater access to sports. Funds are raised by sales and donations from the Company’s leadership brands including Pampers®, Tide®, Gillette® and Pantene®.
“Consumer engagement in our ‘Thank you, Mom’ campaign has far exceeded our own projections,” said Jodi Allen, Vice President of North American Operations and Marketing at P&G and herself a mom of four. “Using our voice at the Olympic Games to celebrate moms for everything they do to raise great kids, whether they make it to the Olympic Games stage or not, is something that every mom and family understands and appreciates.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV