BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- These five firms are getting ready to boost dividends. They just don't know it yet.
There's a lot of attention being hoisted on dividend stocks right now, and it's easy to see why: when interest rates are sitting at record lows, investors are grasping for any means of earning income from their portfolios right now. That's why it's ironic that now's such a good time to be a dividend investor.
The companies that make up the S&P 500 have more cash than ever before, they have higher profits than ever before, and they pay a bigger dividend yield than they have in the last two decades. So while other income-generating investments (like bonds or treasuries) aren't much more than "safety-at-any-cost" investments right now, dividend stocks are pulling their weight.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV