Salford Royal's Executive Director of Finance and Deputy Chief Executive Tony Whitfield said: "Salford Royal continuously strives to be at the forefront of health informatics and prides itself on being a leader of the information revolution to transform the quality of healthcare it delivers.
"Our current EPR system has served us extremely well for the last 10 years but system development is moving forward at an ever faster pace and an EPR system must move with the times to meet the needs of a patient and their clinician.
"By investing in the new system we are securing an EPR to serve us many years into the future. Excitingly, SCM has the potential to include a patient portal, meaning at some point in the future Salford Royal could be one of the first Trusts to enable patients to log on and view their own health records."
Glen Tullman, Chief Executive Officer of Allscripts, said: "Allscripts is committed to helping Salford Royal provide better quality and more efficient healthcare. The Sunrise system is built on an open platform that offers access for both the hospital and community caregivers, creating a Connected Community of Health. The information available to providers will support their decision making process as well as support the analytics that Salford Royal can use to enhance care."Allscripts will shortly commence the implementation process for the new system. Clinicians will be able to use the new EPR system in September 2013 after completing a programme of training. Notes to Editors
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust is an integrated provider of hospital, community and primary care services, including the University Teaching Hospital. The Trust employs 6,000 staff and provides local services to the City of Salford and specialist services to Greater Manchester and beyond. The Trust also offers specialist care to people from all over the UK who need expert help with brain, neuroscience, kidney, bone, intestine or skin conditions. The Trust has an excellent track record; having the highest consistent rating for service quality coupled with one of the highest sets of patient and staff satisfaction scores. www.srft.nhs.uk / @salfordroyalnhs
- Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) delivers the insights that healthcare providers require to generate world-class outcomes. The company's Electronic Health Record, practice management and other clinical, revenue cycle, connectivity and information solutions create a Connected Community of Health™ for physicians, hospitals and post-acute organizations. To learn more about Allscripts, please visit www.allscripts.com, Twitter, YouTube and It Takes a Community: the Allscripts Blog.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV