When the global economy gets its act together, no other company will be so well poised to take advantage of all the new infrastructure construction that will take place.
The market hasn't been kind to the big CAT lately, but I think the stock has bottomed out.
The last earnings report was a little better than expected, and recently the stock seems to have reached a support level and started to inch up.You can see this in the first chart below (from Barchart.com), which shows the hourly trading activity over the last month. In the past six months the stock hasn't kept pace with the rest of the market as measured by the Value Line index. While the index is up about 1%, Caterpillar shares were down 18%. See the second chart below. Caterpillar makes and sells construction and mining equipment, as well as systems for electric power generation and rail-related products and services. Caterpillar also provides financing services for its customers. The company was founded in 1925, and its headquarters are in Peoria, Ill.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV