BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Mr. Market is taking a breather this morning after closing higher in each of the last four trading sessions. Most investors aren't enthusiastic about stocks right now -- but they should be.
That's because the S&P 500 has climbed 11.5% since the first trading day of January, a massive gain for any year on a historical basis. And the summer has been even stronger: Since the start of June, the S&P has climbed 9.7% in one of the most orderly rallies in recent memory.
But there's a lot of noise on Wall Street right now. Between drama that continues to unfold across the pond and earnings season's data dump of financials, there are some significant factors ready to distract investors from what's going on in the broad market right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV