BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Mr. Market is taking a breather this morning after closing higher in each of the last four trading sessions. Most investors aren't enthusiastic about stocks right now -- but they should be.
That's because the S&P 500 has climbed 11.5% since the first trading day of January, a massive gain for any year on a historical basis. And the summer has been even stronger: Since the start of June, the S&P has climbed 9.7% in one of the most orderly rallies in recent memory.
But there's a lot of noise on Wall Street right now. Between drama that continues to unfold across the pond and earnings season's data dump of financials, there are some significant factors ready to distract investors from what's going on in the broad market right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV